Wednesday, September 4, 2013

hidden beauty in Winnipeg and beyond

I am consistently moved by unconventional beauty found in Winnipeg and beyond. Whether it be, the scar from a double lung transplant, loving our bodies for the miraculous things they do, rather then how a industry tells us how they should look, a newcomer woman from Sudan taking care of her three sons living in Manitoba Housing, looking for a job, fighting everyday for the faith that sustains her, a child going through kimo laughing hysterically at a sock puppet, a beautiful pair of shoes that has walked through hell and back, graffiti art, how the love of a pet can comfort, a young Dad learning to read for the first time so he can teach his son, the beauty of resiliency.

I hope to share these stories, so I can always be reminded no matter how overwhelming my life may seem, there are always others doing more, with less.

Gratitude has been a powerful force in my life, and I believe I might be the luckiest woman in the world. While maybe not at first glance, or from the coles notes of my life so far, but there is so much beauty underneath of so many sob stories, if we just take time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment