Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The little things that are helping me survive

I don't like to have a lot of things in my home. I don't like clutter. But there are a few things that I do love. Most are related to skin care. I have sensitive skin. It hates chemicals. I once tried Proactiv and it was one of the worst things I ever did to my skin. I joke that I'm at the age where I have acne and stretch marks. But, I'm not really joking. I'm sure that my drug cocktail doesn't help much, but I have tried a great deal of skincare. Kiel's didn't do it for me. It wasn't a disaster it just felt heavy.  I always end up at Lush. I use their ocean salt everyday as a cleanser and I'm a recent convert to their "gorgeous" moisturizer.  Before this I would sometimes not use a moisturizer at all, unlike most sensitive skin folks, I also have oily skin. It's also fair and delicate. I started paying more attention to my skin after I had my transplant. I have an increased chance of skin cancer because of my meds. I also very much enjoy Lush's cosmetic catastrophe mask.

Most days I like my scars. They remind me how far I've come. Because my skin is so fair they don't fade like other peoples do. Sometimes I admit though, I don't always want to be the organ donation girl and instead just that hot ( maybe pushing it) girl who just happened to have had a heart transplant. I want to be successful not just for a transplant patient but for a normal 30 year old woman. Better then any scar gels I've come across the best is Kiel's Lavender relaxing bath with Aloe. Truthfully, I don't think I'm very good at having a bath. I get bored if I'm in there for more then 5 minutes. But for that 5 minutes, it's pretty amazing




1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of Lush products. The henna for hair is messy to apply, but good.

    ReplyDelete